Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dairy free pumpkin muffins and pumpkin pie

Today I made a really easy pumpkin pie and dangerously yummy mini pumpkin muffins.

I didn't have any baking soda in the cupboard when i was baking the muffins so instead I used baking powder and I couldn't be happier with the results! I've updated my recipe with the change.

The pumpkin pie was made using pilsberry pre-made pie crust. Don't bake it before hand just let sit to room temp, open the package and unroll into a pie plate.

Filling:
16 ounces of pumpkin purée
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup rice milk
3 eggs


Mix the filling ingredients well. Bake at 375 until you can insert a knife into the middle and it comes out clean. Depending on how deep your pie plate is this time can be 25 mins to 40 min. Mine was quite deep so it took 40 mins, in the past I have used the disposable pie plates and they are not as deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment