Friday, September 7, 2012

Four Hour Body Lunch ideas

I lost 40 pounds using a slightly modified diet from the book The 4-Hour Body

I was breastfeeding at the time, so I was unable to totally take on the diet to ensure I was taking in enough calories and still eating balanced. I was not eating dairy products so I was taking a calcium/vitamin D supplement.

The part of this diet that worked for me is it was healthy, the weight came off without killing myself in a jym, it was not expensive, it was easy to do, and it was repetitive. I find I'm not too adventurous when I choose my lunch off the diet (sushi, sandwich, salad)

My breakfasts did not follow the diet, mainly consisted of cheerieos and rice milk, oatmeal, or toast.

My lunches were often a spinach salad:
Always consisting of:
Dressing (balsamic & olive oil)
A few handfuls Spinach
Black beans about 1/3 of a can (canned, rinsed, for protein)
Scoop of Hemp Hearts (they taste like sunflower seeds and add protein)

The next additions were different each week to keep things interesting:

Shredded carrots
Half handful of frozen peas (green giant brand)
Two or three sliced strawberries
1/3 nectarine or peach sliced
Cucumber 1/3
Sliced cherry tomatoes
Shredded beet
Fresh Snow, sugar or snap peas
Salmon (cooked and cubed or shredded)
Chicken (cooked and cubed or shredded)

I often prepare 3 days of salad at a time. My prep time for the three salads is 15 minutes. In the morning I just grab the container from the fridge and stuff it in my bag

Recently I have found these new Glad To Go Containers that hold just the right amount of salad and dressing in a cup attached the the inside of the lid. Genius!

Even if you are not on a diet this is an easy to make, healthy and filling lunch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment